Feb 21 - Pomegranate, avocado & sunflower microgreens salad.


I may have said this before, but as much as I love salads, I do not like making them. They seldom require lighting a stove , (which, in my mind, is implicitly linked to cooking), and it seems like there is something cut short about the process of preparing a dish when all it requires is prep work. And so salads for me need to involve ingredients I love to work with, those whose prep work give me a sense of calm & peace, like pomegranates. (yes, I LOVE prepping pineapples and pomegranates, so much more involved compared to simply peeling and dicing).
This salad has all the flavors & textures I love, the crunch & vibrant color of the pomegranates, the vegetal flavor of the sunflower micro-greens and the buttery texture of the avocados, Just drizzled some Blood orange infused EVOO and a pinch of coarse sea salt to finish the salad.

Comments

Popular Posts