Day 182 - Avocado, refried beans & quinoa burger


My son loves anything I make just a tad bit more if it has those grill/char lines etched on the food and ooey gooey melted cheese. Fixed him another version of my quinoa & refried bean burgers with what ever ingredients he 'suggested' I add. Its a tad less spicy than I would have done it, but hey, the burgers were delicious never the less. ( I splashed  a  bit of Sriracha on my portion!)

You need: (makes 16 patties)

2 cups cooked quinoa
1 can refried beans
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 avocado mashed fine
1 cup finely diced onions or shallots
juice of 1 lemon
2 teaspoon smoked ancho chile powder
1 teaspoon Pimenton
2 tablespoon oregano
salt to taste

Mix all the ingredients together, making sure that the spicing is well integrated. Sample and adjust for seasoning.

Divide into 16 equal parts and shape into patties. Slap the patties on a hot grill and allow to cook for about 5 minutes on each side. Once the burger is done place a slice of cheese over and allow it to melt.
Cut up a bun and place the sides face down on the grill. Add your choice of condiments, place the patty on the bread, and top with lettuce, tomatoes and onions. Serve warm.

Comments

Popular Posts